Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Foundation


My verse for this blog was taken out of a favorite cookbook, Daily Bread, A Continual Feast of a Merry Heart. On the cover is the verse, Proverbs 15:15. It states, "All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast."

This verse though reminded me of something. Today's struggles and trials are opportunities to be light! The difference between a non-believer and a believer? HOPE! The verse says the "The days of the oppressed are wretched." Of course these days are wretched for someone who doesn't live in the freedom of Christ! Because of God's grace and mercy, these days are wonderful for me! Not wretched! For a girl especially, this verse is a sign of hope.

~See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin, Yet I tell you that even Solomon in all the splendor was dressed like on of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Matthew 6:28-30~

God's provision has been and is GREAT for us! I choose to live out light in a dark world because I know that he provides. I have these words to cling to when the rest of the world worries. When I have a cheerful heart - and I always have much to be cheerful about - then I have a continuous feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment